- A.A. in Political Science, Dalton State College
- B.S. in Criminal Justice, University of Georgia, Kennesaw State University
- J.D. Appalachian School of Law
- Chattanooga Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Downtown Lions Club
- Hamilton County Sight Service through Lions Club, Vice President, 2015
- Past Member of the Exploratory Committee for Hamilton County Mental Health Court
Notable Jury Trials
Aggravated Rape and Especially Aggravated
Case: Client was accused of felonies that both carry 15-25 years to serve in the department of corrections. The case involved DNA proof for identification. Outcome: Client was found not guilty.
Aggravated Sexual Battery
Case: Client was accused of a felony that requires 8-12 years to serve in the Department of Corrections.Outcome: Client was convicted of a misdemeanor that carried only 6 months.
Case: The State sought to Commit Client to a Mental health facility in relation to his criminal charges for indefinite amount of time.Outcome - JNOV, where the presiding judge overruled the decision of the jury and reversed their verdict. The judge enters a verdict notwithstanding the jury findings. Client was not committed to mental health facility and was released from custody.
Case: Client was accused of murder in a case that involved eyewitness testimony.Outcome: Jury was hung 10-2 in favor of acquittal. State later dismissed the charges.